February 17, 2011

Commissioned

for Julia

for Sara

Hey friends,

For Valentine's Day, some very endearing boyfriends contacted me to make artworks for their significant others.  I love projects like these!  The top is an original piece for one of my favorite patrons, and the bottom is Garrus from Mass Effect, for the other half of my good friend John.  (You should check out John's new book "Girl Parts" - it's really something!)

I recently got my first mini SD card for my cell phone.  Only took about 5 years.  I can finally actually take the pictures from my cell and share them in all their lo-grade wonder. 

Here are a few things from the past...

 This is one of the cats that lives at the Ben Franklin bookstore here in Worcester

If you can, please visit Ben FranklinAfter many decades, they are sadly closing.  
It's more regretable than the loss of Borders, I think.

Please support them!  It's literally a diamond mine of wonderful used and rare books... [website]

9 comments:

  1. OH MAH GOSH ILU GARRUS

    ReplyDelete
  2. i should really get an sd card too ...

    awesome pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. <3 Pictures and the art.
    OH, THE ART!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cat looks awesome!

    And the ART is absolutely AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Before I read the description I thought, "That can't be... Garrus???"

    Lovely art!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks guys!

    I still haven't played that game, but just going by Garrus it looks rockin.

    John asked if I could do it in kind of a pop style, so that's why he's so peachy pink!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awe guys really do that?? That's so sweet!! Ah I need to buy Mike some pantone themed stuff online. I remember when the pantone cell phones came out a few years ago in Japan he was raging with hate for US phones LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Julia18.2.11

    Loved my painting, Veronica - beautiful colors and gorgeous creepy-crawlies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's so great to hear, Julia!

    ReplyDelete