March 8, 2011

Flash Gordon

フラッシュ。。。ahaaaa

After 2 years, this piece is doneI know, right, 2 years! 

Well, at the time I started it I was preparing for a huge showing in Boston and was in the midst of completing about 35 other pieces. While Flash Gordon, Princess Aura and Ming the Merciless were the center pieces, I still felt like I didn't have adequate time to devote.

So Flash got a revisit!  I'm finally satisfied with it.


This is the original painting, as it hung at Space 242 Boston, June 2009.  

It is currently available for purchase 
// mixed media on heavy cold press paper // about 20x30" // inquiries, please contact

a digital make-over
.................................................................................................................

Ramon Perez - I love his work!

 

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful stuff Hebs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, 2 years! Well, it looks great! I particularly love the details of the building in the background. And the blue adds such a great splash of color to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It definitely looks more dynamic now! Congrats on finishing it XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. The details on this looks amazing! Loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow nice looks and Wondering this post ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. fantastic piece! love your palette and rendering....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it. I also do Flash Gordon paintings, so it's nice to see a kindred spirit.

    ReplyDelete