March 11, 2011

Japan Earthquake 日本地震



As you probably know, Japan has been devastated by an earthquake, tsunami, after-shocks and threats of nuclear melt-downs.  So far I've heard from all but one of my Japanese friends, and I'm really hoping the reason being is that she simply doesn't have power. 

Thanks for all the well-wishing, and yes, our family is luckily untouched as they are in the southern half of Japan.
If you go to the Red Cross website and select which disaster relief you'd like to donate to.  REDCROSS.ORG

It's times like these that make me feel like being an artist is a totally meaningless job, that I should be out there helping people, doing something that really matters. 

日本にいる友達に、気をつけて、心配していますのよ。本当に手伝いたい。あそこに行ければ。。。

2 comments:

  1. Come on World!! be gentle!!
    as well as Japan, we could happen to anyone
    although I have no economic resources, I am with our brothers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah that's a good way to put it, "be gentle, world"

    ReplyDelete