March 5, 2011

Mary & Max and other crazy people

I love drawing people.  Especially interesting-looking people.  I think people beautiful in the traditional, symmetrical way are fine every once in a while, but it's everyone else that get's me excited about sketching.

I recently went to the Social Security Office to hand in my paperwork, (name officially Fish! Woo!) and was warned it would be a, and I quote "freak-show".

It wasBut in an inspiring way!

Here are some sketches I did on the backs of some scrap paper while waiting.



It got me thinking about a movie I saw on the flight to Japan.  "MARY + MAX".

Highly - hiiiiighly recommended movie for anyone who loves stories about the human condition.  Please, please see this.  It's amazing.

10 comments:

  1. Haha such characters. I especially love the dude that disappeared into the bathroom. He looks like he belongs with the Adams family.

    MARY+MAX looks like an adorable movie! *adds to my list*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that movie long ago, I loved it! and I think there know perfectly capture those "beautiful and traditional ".... good sketches

    ReplyDelete
  3. on my to-do list now!

    and the 50-minute men's room guy made me chuckle :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. //is fightened// dude those ppl are nucking futs!! reminds me of most of chicago...:(..lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these! Such awesome fashion ideas - like socks with heels.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha Thanks guys!

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice painting and great looking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow wonderful painting its really looking excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these! Such awesome fashion ideas - like socks with heels......

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these! Such awesome fashion ideas - like socks with heels......................

    ReplyDelete