April 3, 2011

Benedict Cumberbatch



Benedict Cumberbatch - if that isn't the most Britishy British name I've ever heard - it's like Nigel Smythingtonsmithford

Tomorrow night Andy and I are going to see a live simulcast (redundant term, sorry) of Danny Boyle's stage play "Frankenstein"!  London's National Theatre Live is presenting Benedict Cumberbatch and Johnny Lee Miller as both Victor Frankenstein and the Monster.  They have already performed one rendition of the play, last month.  Now, they swap roles!

So I'm not sure who is playing who tomorrow, either Cumberbatch will be the Doctor and Miller the Monster, or the other way around.  Either way, I'm psyched!

I love simulcasts - I think they are the greatest invention in the world.   You can see an opera, stage play, or Rifftrax (ha) from almost anywhere in the world broadcast live into your participating movie theater.

So my latest graphic novel project is a Sherlock Holmes short series written by Andy, so we were really into the BBC's "Sherlock" series with Cumberbatch as the detective and Martin Freeman (Tim on the UK Office) as John Watson.

5 comments:

  1. I absolutely love BBC's modern take on Sherlock Holmes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The simulcast sounds so cool! And I love the drawing! Spot-on resemblance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looooooool this title totally popped and caught my attention in my RSS feed xDDDDDDD I bet he's really really great in Frankenstein!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys! I'm so psyched he is already filming the next 3 Sherlocks!! Woo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the comment! I watched these episodes as well, I've been reading the original stories for a while now, in between reading other books. I can't wait to see more about the graphic novel!

    ReplyDelete