April 23, 2011

Music to Draw to - Digital Mix Tape 1

Hey friends - made you a mix-tape!  Yay! 

Usually we ask people "What kind of music do you listen to?" and everyone - everyone - can rattle off about 8 or 9 names off the top of their head.

Someday I hope when we ask "What kind of art/artists do you like?" most people will have the same response.

Like in the movie High-Fidelity, John Cusack says making a mix is an art form. So I'll be making more in a series of mixes - to suit different moods n' such.

Mix-Tape 1 : The Rough Cut Sound

.............................................................

  1. The Way We Get By - Spoon
  2. Ain't No Rest for the Wicked - Cage the Elephant
  3. Left Hand Suzuki Method - Gorillaz
  4. Sugar Water- Cibo Matto
  5. Two More Dead - RJD2
  6. God's Gonna Cut You Down - Johnny Cash
  7. My Doorbell - The White Stripes
  8. He Can Only Hold Her - Amy Winehouse 
.............................................................

FUN FACT  if you tell me you dislike the Beatles - that you can't find a SINGLE Beatles song you like, I'm sorry, we're not gonna be friends. [I've tried this method with all types of relationships and it is pretty much the deal breaker.] You may wonder, 'Who wouldn't?' but in college I met 3 people who didn't like the Beatles. *LE GASP*

5 comments:

  1. WE ALL LIVE IN THE YELLOW SUBMARINE, YELLOW SUBMARINE...

    these are really cool songs to jam to, even if I'm just doing laundry :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I like some Beatles songs like Do you Want to Know a Secret and No Reply. It's just Mike's super high all the time pothead Dad talks about them so much you'd think they were still producing music. So I have a bias in my life that makes me begroan conversations about them *don't hit me* lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really? I haven't met one single person who doesn't like The Beatles. For me a complete dislike of Queen is an absolute deal breaker.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha Amelia - word - like how can you NOT find at least ONE Queen song that rocks your socks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice track. I hope this will have great response with the top music scorers in the hollywood music industry.

    ReplyDelete