So lately I'm really obsessed with England. BBC shows like The Old Guys, Vicar of Dibley, Sherlock, scones with clotted cream (Lindsay when are we having high tea??) mod style, NARS cosmetics (that would be "Barbarella" there on the left) ADELE, Massive Attack, and most recently Harper's Bazaar.
They had a great interview with Benedict Cumberbatch (whose features I am mining with great relish for Victor Frankenstein drawing reference.) They fired a series of questions at him that are seriously great food for thought.
Here they are, feel free to leave any answers that strike you. My own are in gray.
- Your favorite cliche? 'tomorrow's another day'
- Any passages known by heart? 'the walrus and the carpenter' + most of 'ferris beuller's day off'
- Guilty pleasure? peanutbutter fluff sandwiches
- First record you bought no doubt's first album
- The book that changed your life? of mice and men by steinbeck
- Favorite film? metropolis
- Favorite villain? satan from 'paradise lost'
- Who would you like to play you in a movie? rita hayworth (dead) aoi yuu (living)
- Favorite hour of the day? early dawn
- Do you have any irrational fears? heavy things falling on me
- Recurring dreams? trying to walk on water but continuously drowning
- What's worth fighting for? truth, love and justice
- What's your signature dance? balanchine would roll over in his grave
- Money or sex? sex
- Apollo or Dyonisis? dyonisis
- Good cop or bad cop? bad cop
- Dylan or Hendrix? hendrix
- Lennon or McCartney? lennon
- James Dean or James Stewart? both
- Optimist or pessimist? optimist
- Minimalist or maximist? minimalist
- Grace Kelly or Grace Jones? kelly -pssh of course
- What's your fancy dress? london mod
Drove 400 miles this weekend, up at 6AM going out to the further reaches of Massachusetts to see the second version of Danny Boyle's Frankenstein with my sister. Then back to her campus to catch her Shakespeare club perform Taming of the Shrew, and then finally home again around 1:30AM.
After getting whacked with some serious car rental fees for driving over allowable miles, insurance issues yadayada - and then driving home in torrential down pours in thick cotton candy fog - well, I was cranky this weekend. But seeing my youngest sister is always fun since she is a cheerful rainbow 24/7.
Some snaps from that Saturday...