June 24, 2011

Gardening is "Fun + Easy"


for Worcester Magazine 6/23/2011 


Did I grow these begonias?  Of course not.  I bought them.  I gave them filtered light, fertilizer, even misting of water... everything the card said to do.

And they are 90% wilted now.

This is what it looked like 3 weeks ago.  To show you what it looks like now would be just too sad.   I even had the woman at the nursery teach me how to care for this thing, and I followed her instructions to the letter!

I guess I just have 死手  [hand of Death]



Anyway, have to finish up lots of client projects before it's off to my photography class at the Worcester Art Museum!

10 comments:

  1. That comic is insanely cute. I can relate with Mr. Turtle :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's definitely the coined phrase "green thumb" for a reason. I would never say gardening is easy omfg especially in a balcony, apt, or just indoors altogether situation. Since being confined to a partial shade balcony garden I can say I feel like Mr. Turtle quite often!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha i don't have green thumb at all. my plants never grow or they just end up dying. I TALK TO THEM AND EVERYTHING TOO! :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you should try playing hard to get with your plants. Ignore them a little, almost neglect them. I think they get off on this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAHA Alison.

    They do, they apparently like mind games

    ReplyDelete
  6. I should post the before and tragic 'after' of my lupine. It basically became a stick. They're one of my favorites but they don't seem to like me back :/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwwww, poor turtle and poor wilted begonias. I am the same, just my office plant is tricky enough to keep perky. Maybe it's a practice makes perfect thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going to show this to my mom because she is starting a huge garden this year, that comic is the best! sadly my only fern is with my sublettor and she's apparently in sweden...

    DOUBLE U TEE EFFF

    ReplyDelete