June 3, 2011

Gouache + Tulips

Some things from this week ...

Finished up three paintings (oh yeah!), one a commissioned piece and the other two going to Gallery 1988 LA for their annual "Crazy 4 Cult" show and their "Wet Hot American Summer" show!

a peak at "Mulholland Drive"



I broke up the lovely bouquet that West Boylston High presented me with for being their guest speaker last month - can you believe they blossoms lasted this long?! Whoa!  



 my neighbor's lovely tulips




I'm taking a digital photography class at the Worcester Art Museum - it's really exciting, I've wanted to really learn what this camera is capable of.

Almost exactly a year ago, I posted my Nikon P100 review. Actually, it's an SLR wannabe, but I love this camera so much.  It's basically as nice a point-and-shoot as you can possibly get without jumping the $400 mark and into the $600 DSLR range.

The only drawbacks are:

  • no remote shutter capability
  • no changeable lens

Other than that, I adore this thing.  It's the "Manual" function that allows you to do so much - calculate white balance in a second, change F stop, shutter speed and Aperture like a real camera.

Once I can master the Manual mode, the sky's the limit.

All my wedding and Japan photos were taken with this camera, and we have no regrets!

I think this cat has designs to murder me

6 comments:

  1. Your art is wonderful. I realy love the layout of your blog too! Looking forward to more posts.
    http://sherrywraystudio.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pictures! Also, that Mullholland Drive piece is amazing D:

    ReplyDelete
  3. I spy a Batman and Robin illustration.

    Also, everyone knows the camera doesn't matter that much, it's the person who uses it who counts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sinister looking cat lol. I really like your pictures! Nice :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. ive been looking for a dslr alternative...since i dont like always carrying that monster around...

    THAT FIRST PAINTING IS SICK! I LOVE IT ITS AMAZING

    ReplyDelete