June 12, 2011

It's a weird thing, these birthdays

Today I am 26 - the same age Orson Welles was when he directed Citizen Kane.

Wow.  Maybe I need to get to work.

But first, cake!




I had a really nice birthday, thank you guys so much for your kind b-day wishes via various social networkings etc - it really does mean a lot!

Andy and I went to Mac's for some wonderful tortellini and red wine, sitting next to the kitchen and all it's fabulous smells.




Andy's gifts to me were spectacular as always :

a vintage Pee Wee's Playhouse game from 1986

and here's the kicker -
an ALEX TOTH DRAWING!  FROM his actual SKETCHBOOK


I basically died.  I'll post more about what Toth means to me next time! Promise!

Well, it's weird celebrating all these things when my grandfather's wake is today, the funeral being tomorrow.  I can't say we were close, and I can't say many positive things about the guy.  Not sure how to feel, I guess?

Either way, he taught me the days are far too important to waste.

11 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! AAHH I did not know it was your day of birth. I also didnt know you were closer to my age than I thought ^_^ WEEE!!!

    sorry about your grandpere, i wasnt very close to mine either, i just remember one day out of the blue sobbing uncontrollably days after he passed, but i moved on. I miss him though but we were never really close other....

    ReplyDelete
  2. i meant either...***

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well...happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birfday Butter Bean!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday Veronica :) I like the flowers on your cake

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really sorry to hear about your grandfather. That really causes such a pause moment in life. A point of reflection.

    Was there really a rainbow on your birthday???! So beautiful~~~!

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY OLD LADY XD *fufufufuufu says this hypocrite!*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy belated birthday!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY! Your birthday looks awesome :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday! Only 4 more years left until 30! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you guys so much!!

    ReplyDelete