July 22, 2011

I'm a loner, Dottie... a rebel

gouache + colored pencil   |   12x18"    |   framed + signed
Hey friends,

I currently finished up the Pee Wee's Big Adventure painting for Gallery 1988.

Before I make a painting like this - one that has a ton of elements in it, I make a digital collage for reference.  Maybe you'll notice I switched Dottie to be looking at Pee Wee, for stronger composition.

I'm sad I can't fit everything in this painting - this is one of my all time favorite movies ever and there are so many characters, I can't decide who to cut!  If I squish them all in, it could look way too crowded!

So just had to pick some favorites...




6 comments:

  1. o.m.g. this is AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Pee-Wee!! :)
    これがPee-Weeなんだね~!

    I watched it for the first time!
    初めてみたよ~~!

    I like your illustration and collage!;)
    イラストもコラージュも素敵だと思う!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys!

    Mayako, はは〜 どう思いでいるの??ちょっと変っていうかな??

    ReplyDelete
  4. おそくなってごめんね~(>_<)
    I'm sorry to be late!

    この男性の表情が面白いって思ったよ!o(^-^)o
    I thought this man's expression is fun!:D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you ever made prints of this available, or done any more art for this fabulous movie? I'm so glad you included Amazing Larry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rob! Yes, I've done two Pee Wee mini portraits that have sold, but I can make a print for you of this piece if you like!

      you can email me for specifics anytime :)

      Delete