August 25, 2011

Comic Art supplies I use


Hey friends,

I wanted to blog about what I use to draw/ink comics with everyday.

Buying art supplies is so fun - I think I tweeted once that "The only things worth spending money on are shoes, food, and art supplies."

I also wanted to say how happy I've been ordering from JETPENS.com


(They aren't offering me anything to say this, but if they'd like me to test out future pens - will happily oblige wink wink nudge nudge)

◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇ PENCILS ◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

Regular 2B TomBow
$12 for set of 12
◉ I never use mechanical pencils.  Hate hate hate mechanical pencils.
  BUY THEM HERE

◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇ PENS for LETTERING ◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

Kuretake fudegokochi
about $3.50 + $3 for refills
◉ perfect for inking sound effects and old-school hand-lettering
  BUY IT HERE
◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇ PENS for INKING ◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

Tachikawa School G
about $5 + $3 refills
◉ if it suddenly stops working and your ink is full, try dipping in a little water to get it going
 BUY IT HERE

Pentel Pocket Brush Pen
between $14 - 17 + $3 refills
◉ this is a popular pen for good reason - but my only complaint is how quickly you
    can go through ink.  I mean like, order 6 refill packs because you'll need them.
    On the plus side, they are crazy inexpensive refills. (around $3 for pack of 2)
  BUY IT HERE


Tachikawa holder with grip + cap / Zebra Chrome nibs + Nikko School nibs
pen holder with cap about $7
nibs run about $4 for a pack of 3-4
◉ it's so worth it to get a nice pen with a comfy grip and a cap to protect your 
    delicate nib from being dinged and bent!
  BUY THEM HERE

◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇ BRUSHES for INKING ◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

Loew-Cornell
◉ small flat brush for inking large areas of black  (*NOT Sharpie!)
◉ thin round 2 brush for most everything else
  Buy them at any art supplier

◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇ INK ◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇
Deleter #5
about $6 a bottle
◉ now, I love this stuff but I know plenty of artists who hate it.  I think the biggest
    reason: the bottle is made to burst open and ruin all the things in your bag.
    It's happened more times than I can count.  No matter how carefully you store it.
    love that darn cat...
  BUY IT HERE

Speedball Superblack India Ink
about $6
◉ waterproof, not completely matte - more like satin finish, but great quality
  BUY IT HERE

◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇ ERASER ◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇
Boxy Black
◉ Oh yeah, you read that right.
about $1.50
  BUY IT HERE

Thanks for reading!




(scenes from Sherlock Holmes: The Southampton Horror)

8 comments:

  1. That is cool! Tcha, you're so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh! How interesting! I love pens!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. おはよう~!
    プロが使う道具って面白いね。かっこいい!o(^-^)o
    日本の物がたくさんあってびっくりしたよー

    Good morning!
    These professional tools are interesting, so cool!
    I'm surprised to know that you have many Japanese tools:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my!

    Pens are also my damage, which is a little sad because I don't do much with them except adore them from afar!

    Thanks for the link though!
    /PENHOARDER.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the comments guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They're aesthetically pleasing all on their own :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good and best wallpapers. Thanks for sharing these wallpapers. You can also find more nice wallpapers on our websites.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good and nice wallpapers. Thanks for sharing these wallpapers. You can find also more nice wallpapers on our websites.

    ReplyDelete