August 27, 2011

Japanese Snacks おすすめ


Just some fun reviews in case you were in the market...

Here are some recommendations!  こちらはいろいろなおすすめだよ!

............................. SAVORY + CRUNCHY ............................


おばあちゃんのポタポタ焼き / Obaachan no Pota Pota Yaki  [site]

Despite my efforts to eat these as slowly as possible, alas, the bag is finished now.  And I am sad.

These have the most delightful crunch, and the soy sauce flavor is perfect.  Pota Pota Yaki is a kind of soy sauce glazed senbei or rice cracker. Like grandma makes.


ハッピーターソ/Happitan [site]

These adorable chips are annoying individually wrapped, but taste great.  Basically like a thick Lays, but you know, you have to work for it.




プリッヅ / Pretz

  • Pretz Buffalo Chicken Wing [site]
  • Pretz Mashed Potato [site]
These flavors are awesome.  I really dig 'em.  Both seem incredibly American, but the website claims they are meibutsu /名物 or specialties of different areas in Japan.  Go for Buffalo if you like a punch.



............................. SWEET + SALTY ............................



キットカツ / KIT KATS

  • 湯倍メロン  Yubari Melon [site]
  • わさび Wasabi [site]
  • 一味  Ichimi (Chili) [site]
  • 味噌 Miso (with Soy Sauce) [site]
  • ずんだ Zunda (Edamame) [site]
  • 抹茶 Matcha (Green Tea) [site]
  • 桜 Sakura Matcha (Cherry Blossom tea) [site]

All these Kit Kats were really good, but I have to say the Wasabi, Ichimi and Miso are my favorites.  The other flavors are so masked in the white chocolate, they are pretty tame.  If you are looking for something truly weird, go with Yubari Melon!



ブラックサンダー / BLACK THUNDER


These things are amazing.  And like, 50 calories.

A chocolate cookie inside more chocolate.

I love anything Black Thunder!  But I think I like the crisp better than the choco ball...

thanks for reading!

............................. 読んでいてたいって、ありがとう! ............................


8 comments:

  1. わぁ~~、おすすめのお菓子がいっぱい!(^0^)
    私もプリッツやキットカット好きだよ~、おいしいよね♪
    おばあちゃんのぽたぽた焼きとハッピーターンを書いてくれて嬉しいな~。

    Wow, there are many recommended snacks:)
    I like PRETZ and KitKat, too. Good taste!
    I'm glad to see that you wrote about Potapota-yaki and Happy-turn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! My lord, this is insane... I want to visit Japan simply for their snacks.

    Benedict certainly has a brilliant face, can't wait to see what he's inspired you to create x

    ReplyDelete
  3. AAhhhh major droolage. Sweet and salty sounds so good right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. TREATS TREATS TREATS!

    Man, I had better stay away!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will forever be jealous of ALL THOSE KITKAT FLAVORS THEY GET!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the obaachan crackers!! they taste SOOOO good! I don't have a sweet tooth so those are perfect for me~

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're lucky you don't, Sidney! lol

    ReplyDelete