September 25, 2011

Des Moines

To an East Coaster like me, it would be easy to think Iowa is nothing but corn fields - but it isn't! It's just mostly corn fields!

 Des Moines and West Des Moines are really cool cities, and we like visiting very much.











Cup o' Kryptonite needs to get the Eisner award for "Retailer Spirit of the Year".  Hands down one of my favorite comic stores in the country.




My favorite market in the city - Palmer's Deli

I would eat there every day...






The super cool East Village has a weekly art market worth seeing.



I had to buy some giant dahlias - I wanted them for my wedding bouquet but that didn't happen, so my uh, 11 month wedding anniversary was good enough :)

5 comments:

  1. Wow - gorgeous photos! I want to go to Des Moines now. What's that place with the white chairs and table? Me want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought of you when we went to that store, Alison! It's called "Domestica" it's really up your alley!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is super hipstery and cute. IVE NVR BEEN TO IOWA, and i'm so close :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG Hill Vintage I want to go to there xDDD

    ReplyDelete