November 25, 2011

Austin - Horizontally


Austin is really different from Houston, as far as the vibe goes.

I was excited to visit this place for the first time, not only since the music and BBQ is top notch, but the trend of gourmet food trucks that is hot right now - wow, they are everywhere! and amazingly delicious!

It's much easier to walk around Austin than Houston, but in both cities I prefer the artsy neighborhoods of the Heights (in Houston) and South Lamar (in Austin)



at Annie's in Austin





The Driskill Hotel + 1886 Bakery



Oh my gosh, I loved Chuy's!  I don't care that it's a chain, it was super fun






Taste of Fire food truck has the best Thai!



Worked on a commission at the Austin ComiCon

4 comments:

  1. ugh those donuts...LEMME HAS ALONG WITH THAT COMISSION DRAWING

    ReplyDelete
  2. THey are so good, B! They are tiny, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ライトがとてもカラフルだねーo(^-^)o
    These electric lights are so colorful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm. I love food trucks.

    ReplyDelete