January 8, 2012

Frankenstein - Elizabeth via Kimbra

Antoine (who always has good music recommendations ) introduced me to Gotye ("Somebody That I Used to Know") and "Settle Down" by Kimbra (below).

In that video is a striking little girl that was perfect for Elizabeth's character design!

It's important that Elizabeth is kind of over-the-top sweet at the beginning. So when she changes in the 2nd + 3rd volumes it's super dramatic.  She isn't the same person at all in the last story arc. 

I don't want to spoil it, but her evolution is my favorite part of the 3rd volume.




I've always felt Elizabeth's character was so overlooked in the many adaptions of Frankenstein.

And hopefully it's something that sets my version apart.



7 comments:

  1. Creepy little girls and creepy dolls set on fire!!! LOVE IT!!! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in love with her! She's so awkward and cute! It's fun to find inspiration in random things like this. Can't wait to see your story :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. i watched this video about a week ago...its so strange...but cute

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys!

    Yeah, the fire thing at the end was weird, haha but I think I get it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, you've made me obsessed with this song! I remember your tweet about the little girl too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kimbra and Gotye?

    YES!

    Loving my Aussie/NZ'der singers!

    Also - just received my copy of the Frankenstein Preview - LOVE IT and can't wait for more!

    ReplyDelete