February 20, 2012

Micro Brew Label illustration

final treatment

I work on the digital coloring for the center, or whatever the subject is, then in Photoshop I "unsee" the color layer and focus on the trim (below)
It even looks kind of pretty just like this, I think

Trying to add a subtle rainbow to the piece by Color Dodging the hops and grains with red at the top and purple at the bottom.  Can't decide if I like this one (more gold tones) or the top one (more red tones) ... ? hmm ...


original drawing 

{ SOLD  |  graphite on 9x12 Bristol }


Finished this piece this week, for the Armsby Abbey / ArtsWorcester "POUR" collaboration. In this case, the artists make something and then the brewers create a microbrew inspired by it. I'm excited to taste what they make for this label!

More info on that event later - but I don't think it's until September - so - wow, a tad far away!

Do you guys drink beer?

I don't have a taste for it myself, maybe every 6 months or so I have one?

As far as alcohol goes, I'm a whiskey-sour girl myself.


7 comments:

  1. Wow! Wow! that looks fierce!

    I can't really drink alcohol, a beer here and there and sometimes maybe a little wine. I tried to drink whiskey I thought I was going to die.

    May I ask you something though? Could you tell me where you got your background I'm looking for one for my blog and you always had cool backgrounds. I really liked the dotted one :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks Amelia,

      I actually made this background in Photoshop and trying to line up the diagonals perfectly. I found a tutorial online and tried it out!

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the reply. I tried it out and somehow I managed to make the dotted background (horray! horray!) I'm currently trying to customize it and it's annoying the heck out of me.

      Delete
  2. Ah-MAYzing design! I am not a beer person either but I would definitely drink anything with this label on it. This is such a fun idea. I love Armsby Abbey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm such a micro brew nerd *is from chicago* I LOVE THIS!!! Redeux 3 floyds by my place!

    ReplyDelete
  4. really awesome post thanks 4 sharing this post with us

    ReplyDelete