February 2, 2012

On Clean Eating

Can't tell you how much I appreciate the kind feedback from my "On Clean Living" post, definitely very kind of you all ~

Been keeping a photolog of what I've been eating.  Below is a typical day, but it doesn't include incidentals such as the occasional donut, 1/2 chocolate bar or whathaveyou. 

I eat this every morning before running or yoga

albacore on wheat crackers with chive + spinach salad

I love Dahlicious lassis

emerald nuts tropical mix, clementines + green tea

unsweetened almond milk + strawberry smoothie, 1/2 cantaloupe for evening snack


It feels so good that I'm not forcing myself to eat this stuff, I genuinely like it!

Before I used to dread it when my husband made or brought home fatty foods like fried chicken or buffalo wings.   But now, I just fix a small plate, load up on veggies and stop freaking out!  Way less stressful. 

Some things I've learned :
  • eat slow, let my brain have time to drop some leptin knowledge
  • stop eating the second I feel full
  • don't have to eat stuff I don't want  - no one will force me to have more wings
  • 3 cups of green tea today = nice skin tomorrow
  • seasonal fruit makes for culinary variety and glorious flavors
  • breakfast is the most wonderful meal of the day
  • healthy substitutions don't have to be nasty and bland
Goals that changed :
  • don't aspire to be skinny, aspire to be fit & healthy
  • losing inches are more important than pounds
  • long-term, slow weight-loss, not desperate crash-dieting
  • working out is a fun challenge, not a horrendous torture session



.................................... ❤ ...................................

Thanks for reading guys, stay healthy & happy!




.................................... ❤ ...................................

4 comments:

  1. <3 photos are stunning. I want to live in the middle of that cantaloupe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your breakfast looks delicious and healthy! I want to eat the wheat crackers. おいしそう~o(^-^)o

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your clean eating posts! I'm going to hop aboard this ship - although, I eat out a lot - need to stop eating when I'm full, eat slower, taking all my coffee on skim or soy and stop taking in fizzy drinks and unnecessary candy and chocolates - I've lost about a kilo so far in the first two weeks without exercise (I know, so lazy), so it seems to be going okay!

    ReplyDelete