February 17, 2012

Random bits

Hey everyone,

Hope you're all doing well, it's Friday which still makes me happy even though my work week is actually more like Tuesday - Saturday.

Having a tough time with a painting that needs to be in the mail yesterday - so at some point I'm going to have to stop messing with it and just let it go.

Sometimes I overwork a piece and think "Argh, this is why I wish I could hit UNDO 56 times" but that's impossible.  


渋東映画館 |「借りぐらしのアリエッチ」|10月2010年

I'm excited that, finally, "The Borrower Arrietty" is opening in the US.  I went back through my archives to find this picture we took in Shibuya, 2010.  

We didn't end up seeing it, too much to do, but maybe next time we'll catch something at a cinema.

Even though Arrietty was in Japanese theaters during our October visit, it had already been out since July 2010!  Whoa!  

The last time I could remember a film sticking around theaters so long, was way back in 1997 when Titanic was in theaters for like, 9 months!

Trying to find a theater showing it with subtitles, but that's turning out to be tough.

making lemonade out of lemons 

saving the rinds for zest 

I love this old Nutella glass - it has all kinds of Italian artists all over it




6 comments:

  1. Yum! Cook for me, please~~

    I remember watching Arrietty more than a year ago! But I watched it in Korean with English subtitles haha. Really, though, I can't believe it has taken SO long to come to theaters here in the states.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, geez, what's that about? AND the only place to see it in Japanese with English subs is tomorrow morning at 10:30am for the BABY TIME showing. Whhaa???

      Delete
  2. So much yummy, healthy food in this post! You have the most perfect little knife for cutting up lemons. :]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love re-using old jars as mugs and glasses and that Nutella jar is perfect!

      Delete
    2. yes! I just collected a whole bunch of them for the studio! They are so cheap at yard sales and thrift stores!

      Delete