February 27, 2012

Tues. Feb 28: Opening/Artist Talk at UMass Lowell


If you are in the area, please stop by the art galleries at the University of Massachusetts Lowell to see a wonderful show celebrating graphic novelists!  

I'll be showing some original pages from Pirates of Mars volume 1 and a scene from the upcoming issue 1 of Frankenstein.  

These pages are in excellent company - the other 5 artists are Liz Prince, James Sturm, Lynda Barry, Gareth Hinds, and Matt Phelan. (cool!)

Liz Prince, Gareth Hinds + I will be speaking about our respective works for a little bit during the opening.  Hope you'll have a look!

...............................................................
| February 27 - March 23 

A Picture’s Worth: 
Contemporary Graphic Novel Artists

Curated by UML professor Karen E. Roehr with Susan Kirtley, Ph.D 

Artist Talk / Reception: February 28, 3 - 5pm
..............................................

7 comments:

  1. The galleries you show at and the artists you show with are always so much cooler than the shows in Vancouver :x in my undergrad years we saw a lot of strange art and few spoke to me :( but congrats on another showing! :D I know it takes so much time and hard work to put on one show ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not at all Vancouver and Toronto have an AMAZING art scene! We just never know about them until like, THE DAY OF haha

      Delete
  2. Wow - with Lynda Barry, too? I wish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was the artist in residence there recently, so her work was brand new!

      Delete
  3. Amazing! Congrats Veronica! Bummed I could not make the opening. But I'm psyched to check it out

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was at the artist talk and I thought your presentation was excellent. I teach animation there at UMass Lowell, part-time. (I asked you about your liking Mary Blair and Lynd Ward.) There's a blog I follow that has been publishing a lot of Lynd Ward work lately - http://todaysinspiration.blogspot.com/
    by Sebastian Peng.
    I'm sorry I missed your book signing but I had a previous engagement. So glad your work is in the show!Love Frankenstein. Janet Benn

    ReplyDelete