February 15, 2012

Matters of the heart


We had a great Valentine's dinner last night.  Made some fish poached in sesame seed oil, grilled bell peppers, shoyu + ginger dipping sauce and fresh spinach salad.

And of course, strawberry cupcakes.
..........................................

With the death of Antoine, an art student I adored very much, old bad habits resurfaced.  Out of anxiety and stress I started to eat like crazy again, using food to bury what was really bothering me.

But with the help of wonderfully supportive friends and family, things are back on track.

Healthy, happy living is the best way to cope with anything, I think.

..........................................


Painted Cassie during a "warm/cool" demonstration for my Painting Intensive class.

I think the students really enjoyed using the neon kid's tempura


My wonderful husband got me a bonsai for Valentine's.  He's the best ~


Enjoying the best publication since Upper/Lowercase Magazine - Mother's News

Okay friends, time to get ready to teach again;  "Drawing for Illustrator's" class pretty soon!


4 comments:

  1. How do your photos always look SO professional? They look like pro stock photos or something~

    I hope you feel better, and I am glad you have people there to support you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so kind of you to say, Andy is funny because he hates waiting for me to take a picture - so he'll stick his hand in to take his plate :)

      Delete
  2. yum nummy nummy! It all looks so good. I recently had a fit of potatoe chips and siracha last week when school stress started to TAKE OVER MY MIND! but were okay now....hope all is well with matters of the heart ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lady! Oh siracha, just got my first bottle of that stuff - it's strong!

      Delete