March 8, 2012

Upright Citizen's Brigade for "Is This Thing On?"

Hey friends,

Gallery 1988 is always a pleasure to work with, contributing a piece to their shows are always super fun.  No exception this time, below is my contribution to "Is This Thing On?" now in it's second reincarnation.



ENLIST UCB

for sale through the gallery |   11"x14"  |  mixed media on Arches paper   |   $145


.......................................

When I went to college at SVA, almost every Friday or Saturday night you could find me at Upright Citizen's Brigade Theater on the West Side.

Some of the young comedians we saw are now some of my favorites!  Paul Scheer, Rob Riggle, Rob Heubel, pretty sure Anziz Ansari, Matt Besser, Chris Parnell, and of course I was busy the nights Amy Poehler performed (boo)

But it was a really fun atmosphere, inexpensive and right next to a D'Agostinos for snacktime, what more could a 19 year old ask for?

If you are in town, I highly recommend a trip to UCB (which now I believe has expanded to an LA troupe, second NYC troupe and a traveling show? Wow!)


.......................................................

FRIDAY MARCH 9th


Funny or Die x Gallery 1988 Melrose

"IS THIS THING ON? 2"
hosted by Weird Al Yankovic
Mar 9 - 31 2012
7020 Melrose Ave
LA, CA 90038

3 comments:

  1. that looks so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I keep forgetting to go there when im in NYC i mean who doesnt wanna go to the place that Ben Schwartz got his start???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! Yes, you must go!

    ReplyDelete