April 12, 2012

Shadow of a Doubt


Shadow of a Doubt   |  mixed media on paper  |   11x14"  |   $250

available via Gallery 1988 LA starting April 13

When Gallery 1988 emailed me their 2012 group show line-up, and an Alfred Hitchcock Tribute show was on it - I screamed a little.

I knew I had to do an illustration of my favorite Hitchcock movie ever 
"Shadow of a Doubt"

I love Hitch movies, so so much!   It was hard to pick which to do, my favs are: Rear Window, Rebecca, and Rope  (Hey look at that, all "R" movies)



Joseph Cotten is one scary dude


Making a digital composite for reference


Working in the studio

On the left, my sketchbook is open to ball-point pen sketches I had done of abstract paintings from the Carrie Moyer show.  Moyer's work was so inspiring, even if I don't do abstract work, there was a way to incorporate certain aspects like smoke.

Wish I could see the show in person!  So much amazing material to be inspired by!


2 comments:

  1. Have I mentioned before how much I adore your style? I really, really do. It is SO amazing I hope one day when I have a little more wealth I can buy something(s) of yours to put up on my wall~ You're just so good at texture it makes me want to rub of cheek on your paintings...cough or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, you are too sweet, thank you!

      Delete