May 9, 2012

Drawing at the cafe


 doodling at the cafe
Speaking of lunch ...


This Tuesday Billee and I made baked ziti with ricotta and a pear salad!  It was heavenly.  The smell of cheese and pasta congealing in an oven makes me nostalgic of holidays at my grandparents house in Connecticut.  (They are Italian - very very Italian)

Cooking on Tuesdays is my new favorite tradition.  It makes me slow down and just enjoy living!

Listening to a lot of Louie Armstrong lately while working in the studio.  Picked some lilacs from the backyard, too.  If I don't do little things to make the studio feel more inviting, it starts to feel like work again.

This song makes me feel like swinging on a hammock in June ...

A Kiss to Build a Dream On by Louis Armstrong on Grooveshark





Got these sandals at Zara last week - of course it was rainy and cold for 7 days, so couldn't wear them - but it will warm up soon ´◡` ♡  I love the black bow - feels very 40s!  (with which I am obsessed)


Speaking of vintage ... 

Going to the Brimfield Antique Market this week!  Woohoo!  It's one of my favorite things about living in New England!  Miles and miles of great stuff, can't wait to check out the vintage clothes, posters and general oddities.  Anybody else going?



Speaking of purple ...



Deedee and Billee picked some more purple flowers for me!  
Does anyone know what the ones in the middle are called?  They smell amazing!

and randomly ...


selling Japanese magazines this week if anyone is interested :)

7 comments:

  1. All these sketches are wonderful! And those sandals are very cute indeed.

    The food looks divine!

    blueeyednightowl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words!

      Delete
  2. Your doodles are wonderful! I especially love the one at the cafe. Ah your ricotta + ziti is making me want some good pasta. Maybe tonight~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! Yes, do it ~

      Delete
  3. wow I gotta say your doodles are incredible! I wish I could draw something speedy like that! fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Just keep doodlin' all the time and it gets faster

      Delete
  4. You're very talented. Love your posts..

    ReplyDelete