May 29, 2012

Making edible things









top to bottom

  1. cucumber raita with cilantro
  2. banana bream cupcakes with cream cheese coconut glaze
  3. baked apples with cranberries, golden raisins and walnuts
  4. eggs for breakfast
  5. key lime marmalade
  6. banana bread with left over coconut glaze
I've been baking like a fiend this month!  And I guess, cooking things in general.

I'll spare you the many, many mistakes and missteps that inevitable in learning something new.  

But visualize if you can, a grapefruit marmalade gone horribly wrong: left just a bit too long on the oven, past the point of caramelization into full on black-char-burnt mess.




9 comments:

  1. looking delicious.. *q* very nice photo to veronica!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Banana cupcakes with coconut glaze - omg those look and sound absolutely scrumptious!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's make them some time! I have gluten-free flour now :)

      Delete
  3. Yum yum yum! Recipes would be greatly appreciated, but only if you have time for it. They look simple, but kitchen-challenge people like me would appreciate it. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh sure! They are just from recipes I googled actually - nothing fancy yet! I don't even know about substitutions and all that jazz

      Delete
  4. GASP!

    Looks divine!

    I wish I could bake. my version of baking is somewhat like creating new and inventive ways of poisoning people. Oh my goodness, I also remembered that I need to contact you about commissioning a little bit of art from you - TO THE EMAIL-O-GRAM!

    XOXO
    Jayne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They all tasted fairly edible, haha - they look better than they actually were >.<

      Delete
  5. come cook for me.....

    ReplyDelete