June 7, 2012

The craziest of weeks

So I consider myself a fairly busy person.  I teach at the Worcester Art Museum, work in my studio on various client projects, finishing up the lettering on Frankenstein, blah blah blah.  But man, this was a rough week I can tell you that.

June 1 - 2 : Andy and I were mentors at Art All State - a straight, 36 hr event.
June 3 : packing, cleaning house, going to a Bon Voyage party, visiting family.
June 4 - 5 : Andy and I lectured some students at Marblehead Middle School on graphic novels, picked up our kitchen table (finally! we eat at a table like real people!)
June 6 : I assembled/stained table, moving refrigerator all by my lonesome (I feel like Big Barda) and dinner with Aunt Faith.
June 7 : Having a consultation with a surgeon (don't worry, it's optional surgery) and trying to weasel in questions for Frankenstein research.

And now today, it's time to get back to client projects and other work.

I wasn't able to get much sleep this week and it really took a toll on my mood.  When I don't get at least 6 hours of sleep, I think my brain stops working right.

I'm surprised my speech made any sense to the 7th graders at Marblehead, because in my mind I was just rambling "Waaah wa hwaaaa wahh ga gaga"

apologies for the terrible cell phone photography



at Honee's Bon Voyage



our peonies have blossomed!



pickled horseradish makes it


in Salem on business


chai at Gulu Gulu Cafe


the Breakfast part of Bed & Breakfast


Marblehead, MA



So it occurred to me that my husband and I have the same initials as my parents (A&V).  I don't know why that bothers me?

Anyway, lots more artwork coming, I promise, just need some sleep and studio time!

3 comments:

  1. Ah, it does seem like you've been really busy! I'm fighting feelings of displacement as I go from one home to another. It's not the best for getting good rest and feeling relaxed! But I hope you can catch up on your sleep this weekend~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You too! Hope you can bring pieces home with you where ever you go

      Delete
  2. Your nail polish looks so pretty (in the picture of you holding the chai)and I would have never known these were cell phone pictures - they look really good!

    ReplyDelete