July 9, 2012

Matcha + Kurogoma 抹茶と黒ごま

Matcha 抹茶 (or actually, maccha まっちゃ) and black sesame 黒ごま flavored things have been all over our kitchen this month.

After 2 impromptu trips to Ebisuya (my favorite piece of Japan in Boston) Andy and I went a little crazy buying fun things for the pantry...




And actually, now that I look at it - this isn't even everything...

Top down:
上から:

Petit 24 (matcha cookies + yuzu mame chips are stellar)
Country Ma'am green tea + adzuki cookies
LOOK matcha + adzuki chocolate
Yuzu c1000 Vitamin C powder drink mix
Maeda-En ice cream (BUY THIS NOW)
Ito-en Oi-ocha green tea
Yamamoto Hoji-cha (roasted green tea leaf tea)
Bourbon Mini-bit (unbelievably good)
Nestle Home Cafe latte mix (this link is crazy expensive, I only paid $3.50)
and a package of traditional wagashi
..............................................................................

want to try these next time:

Look how beautiful these Japanese sweets are!





......................〃〃〃〃〃〃﹆﹆﹆﹆﹆﹆﹆﹆﹆〃〃〃〃〃〃.........................

My favorite thing now is simply soy milk or almond milk with a Nestle Home Cafe matcha flavor cup.  Hoo boy.  That's good stuff.

Sometimes I have this thing where I go crazy on sugar if I have it first thing in the morning.  This includes pancakes.

If I have pancakes or a danish or something like that for breakfast, I crave sugar ALL DAY.  Like, I will knock over and old lady and steal her box donuts.

Flavors like green tea and black sesame allow me to temper the sugar with something less man-made, and it keeps my blood-sugar in check without turning me into a Fructose Psycho.

2 comments:

  1. These are SO PRETTY. ; ;

    I looked it up and found out there's an Ebisuya only 10 minutes from my house! I'm going to visit as soon as possible! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the former Kotobukiya from Porter Exchange! It's a great place, you'll love it

      We'll be there on Thursday around 7:30ish? Maybe we'll run into you!

      Delete