July 30, 2012

Sketching Random Faces


I was watching another horrible '90s movie the other day - Swing Kids - in an attempt to watch what I thought was going to be a Pre-Nazi Era / Germany-in-the-1920s film so I could do some Frankenstein research.

What I was thinking when I rented this... I'll never know.

Swing Kids is basically one giant Disney-boy music video, complete with the 1990's swing music craze, a young Christian Bale and Sean Robert Leonard.

Think Newsies set in Nazi Germany.

It's not a terrible film for what it is - but it certainly was not what I thought it was.I'm actually surprized at myself - come on, I grew up with these actors, how could I not know?? 

Anyway, it was fun to get a bit of sketching in for Frankenstein, so I could start filling in the background with some interesting faces.


The past two days have been so incredibly cool, I've been wearing a sweater and drinking green tea lattes.  A SWEATER.  IN JULY.

But I actually like that, so it's no biggie.

Gets me excited for fall!


In other news - isn't this color amazing?  It's like a sunset in my fruit.



If you're at a market and you see these guys, I highly recommend picking them up.  Really really good dipping sauces!

Haven't tried the BBQ flavor yet, need to find it in stores!

Gyu-Kaku Tare (dip) 牛角たれ [foodlabel.jp




Oh my gosh, look at how many flavors they have:

Left to Right

1. Shoyu (my fav) 
2. Umami (sweet+salty)  
3. Refreshing Plum 
4. Garlic (strong! not for vampires
5. Kochujan (Korean chili paste) 
6. Chicken Basil 
7. Specialty Miso 
8. Kokuuma (for beef negima)

4 comments:

  1. Your blog is so adorable! And you have got quite a talent for drawing. I love your tablecloth, it's so colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your sketches! And your green tea latte looks heavenly! (me want one)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lady! I'll give you a packet, it's really good!

      Delete