July 10, 2012

Summer art Classes: Printmaking & Manga

Hey friends,

 I'm back into the swing of things at WAM, starting up a new round of teen summer classes.

 If you're 14 - 17 and love things that are cool - take my print making class!


It's going to be super fun!

We start with the basics and then we get really crazy - 
2 then 3 then 4 then 5 color registration, making band posters,
learning stenciling and other fun techniques.

Going to be a blast!

If you're 11 - 13, and also like things that are cool, take my Manga class :) 


............................................

It's a bit weird, you know, coming full circle with manga.

Starting out at a 12 year old, reading Sailor Moon comics, watching the TV show and drawing the cast in my sketchbook, then using it as a jumping-off point for learning a new language.  Now teaching it!  

I'm so old when it comes to manga, though!  All the titles I love are very 80s/90s!

I'm not hip with all these Bleaches and Narutos and Fruits Basketses!

These kids don't know their Dr. Slumps from their Sazae-sans!
............................................

2 comments:

  1. you'd make the best manga teacher!!! shaping teens' lives... so extraordinary :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so sweet to say so!

      Delete