August 5, 2012

Colors from the Week






Even though at this point, I don't need any more art supplies, I still love going to them as often as possible, and just looking at all the cool stuff.

I really enjoy Artist & Craftsman Supply in Central Square, Cambridge, MA, but to be honest, the service isn't that great. 

I don't like hearing about how the cashier "Got soooo wasted" 
and how "That's the ONLY way to spray paint, man" or whatever

Always been picky about it though, I've been like that as long as I can remember.

But I like looking at all the possibilities, and it gets me revved to go home and work.

I did pick up some tan & gray tone paper from CC Lowell this week - already finished 4 pieces for eBay (I'll show you those this week) and I have to say, working on toned paper is my favorite way to draw.

The white just pops and the figures look that much more dynamic.



We also stopped by the specialty honey store Follow the Honey and oh my god is it cool.

I love honey, love love love it - and I'm just starting to get an education in the differences between flowers and pollens.

But I'm not ready right now to drop $15 on a small jar of New Zealand honey, but when I am, I'll go there.

Oh - and also - there are REAL BEES INSIDE (someone warn Nick Cage)





Super amazing spinach + bacon salad from Wild Flower Cafe in Duxbury, MA




adorable house in Florence, MA

7 comments:

  1. Ahahaha that Nick Cage reference got me.
    Also, I WANT that house in the last photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 色えんぴつとか、絵の具、カラフルでたのしいね(^_-)-☆
    私もハチミツ好きだよー!おいしいよね!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. そだね! 美術用品は虹にみたいよね!

      Delete
  3. Sasha B.8.8.12

    That honey store looks so awesome! I received The Beekeeper's Bible for my birthday last year, and it's one of the best, well-rounded books on the subject. Not to mention hardcover, has full-color images, and just really beautiful in general. I wholeheartedly recommend it to any bee or honey loving individual. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very cool! I'll have to check it out!

      Delete
  4. "I really enjoy Artist & Craftsman Supply in Central Square, Cambridge, MA, but to be honest, the service isn't that great. "

    service at all art stores SUXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete