Being your own boss is really wonderful, but only if you are being a good boss.
A good boss gets the most of employees, through accountability and encouragement.
You have to be accountable to yourself, and you have to encourage yourself.
You can do it!
Don't put yourself down, or gloss over your accomplishments!
1. Look back on everything you accomplished today, be proud of it
2. Actually tell yourself "Hey kiddo, you did a great job."
3. If you didn't do a great job, don't get down, back on track tomorrow
4. Work M-F / 9-5 and don't come in on the weekends
Be honest with yourself: How hard are you actually working? If you are sincerely working a solid 8 hour day, no nonsense in between, then be proud of it and keep going.
► If you're doing self-distructive things like worrying, wasting time on purpose, not focusing on your goals, then you have to correct it now.
Remember: the internet will always be there. You only have about 8 hours a day to really work when you factor everything in.
Imagine how much you can get done in one day if you actually utilized every second productively! There's nothing you couldn't accomplish!!
Really Being Productive
When I changed my schedule from ► work whenever, take lots of breaks and draw into the night, my art suffered.
When I structured my day and was able to stop working at 6pm, I was like "OMG I have ALLLLL this time now to do fun stuff!"
I got more done 9am - 6pm working with absolutely no distractions - no phone, no net - and had MORE time at night to enjoy NOT working.
- If you aren't sure how your day divides up, spend a few days taking samples.
- Write down exactly what you do, when you do it, and for how long.
- Then assemble the data onto a pie chart and visualize your time.