September 27, 2012

影の手 [The Shadow's Hand] film poster

So even though it's September, Halloween officially starts the minute I see an orange leaf.  We're watching lots of good scary movies and baking apples... ahh good stuff.

Really excited that my favorite Boston gallery, Space 242 is finally resurrected!  Yay!  I'll have a piece in their upcoming show:


Original "B-Movie" Horror Posters
part of the Halloween Exhibition:

EVERYTHING THAT CREEPS
October 26-31, 2012



@ Lincoln Arts Project in Waltham

one week only

Here's my contribution:


this film doesn't exist, I just made it up

it reads: 



new work from goldfish film company
The Shadow's Hand
you can't help but look at terrifying things!
that intangible feeling of dread!

original ink drawing


Buy the original ink drawing

8.5"x 11" archival india ink on Bristol paper

sold

....................................................................................


early stages of digital coloring


I based the design on this 1960's Japanese poster for Bedazzled


and looked at some cute 60's fashion ads



Hope to see you there!



4 comments:

  1. Sweet! Love it! I love the 60's fashion ads too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really great, Veronica!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. where did you find those 1960s ads??!!! This poster is really kick ass too ;)

    ReplyDelete