October 28, 2012

Frankenstein Wallpaper 2




..........................................................................................






iphone3 [480 x 320]   iphone4 [960 x 640]

..........................................................................................


.........................................................................................

You excited for Halloween??  

I'm so excited, even though I never come up with a good costume, I love carving the pumpkin and toasting the seeds, making cider and buying anything and everything pumpkin spice / apple pie-flavored.

Andy and I caught another simulcast this week, this time a double-feature of James Whale's Frankenstein and The Bride of Frankenstein.

I used to think the Bride was the better movie, and in some respects it is, but Frankenstein is the more intense movie I think.

Seeing it up on the big screen, experiencing it like they did in the 30s, - WOW - it's completely different from seeing it on a little TV!

Felt like I saw it for the first time!  

There is a lot of nonsense, like useless character name-switching, (Victor becomes "Henry" Frankenstein?) the silly over-prounciation American actors of the day attempting to seem worldly with English accents, the screaming/fainting women who are more annoying than anything, all that stuff kind of falls away and you just appreciate it for what it is.

Got lots of useful ideas for future issues of my own adaption!  Feeling inspired!


Just days left to decide what to be this year...?

No comments:

Post a Comment