November 23, 2012

Kirigami


I'm hosting a Pop Kirigami card workshop at CC Lowell 
Saturday, Dec. 8th 11am-12pm

Stop on by!






tea, poached egg with green peppers / taco seasoning + dried cranberry oatmeal


feta, roasted red peppers, shallots, brocoli and steamed carrots


barley oatmeal with cherries, golden raisins, cinnamon and dates.

(have you noticed I live on oatmeal?)




Despite the cold weather setting in, my spider plant has been basking in the sunlight, and even started sprouting again!  And even my cactus is flowering a bit!  

I love New England, but if there isn't at least some kind of green in the house it just makes me all kinds of depressed.

Did you have a good Thanksgiving?  We had a great one this year - we went to Cracker Barrel!

I know, I know, for people who know me and Andy, we are kind of Food & Wine Magazine/Top Chef kind of people, but honestly, it was so much fun.  

Southern cooking is still novelty to me, so while I'm sure it makes actual Southerner's roll their eyeballs, it was a great time.

There was nobody there!  And my "Kid's Sized" meal was bigger than my face, and even came with apple pie at the end.  So, for $4.50 and all of 10 minutes to wait, we were super happy.



2 comments:

  1. Every time I visit your site, I see the beautiful plate setting and colorful and healthy meals you have, it inspires me to try to recreate the same for myself. Although they're nowhere near as colorful or healthy as yours! But please continue to take pictures of your food. It reminds me to eat better, especially after devouring so much turkey on Thanksgiving.

    Southern food just goes so well with Thanksgiving though! That same disgustingly full feeling you get but you can't stop eating because it's delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Thao! Will do! I'd like to do that more, actually, take pictures of my food. I have a bad habit of eating so fast, taking a moment to slow down is important.

      Hope you had a great holiday!

      Delete