November 13, 2012

Sensu Brush Stylus review


It just so happened the day my first tablet arrived in the mail, my beloved art store, CC Lowell, asked me and Andy to review the Sensu Brush Stylus.

Lucky day!



The Sensu Brush Stylus is one seriously cool accessory.

It's two styluses in one: a brush on one and standard rubber tip on the other.

You can use the brush side to feel closer to a real painting experience, then use the rubber tip for when you want it.

I'm using it here coupled with my favorite drawing app: Sketchbook Pro.

I've tried many others, and Sketchbook Pro remains my absolute fav.  Even the free version offers a great deal of options.


 














Price: $39.99
Availability: CC Lowell's artist supply

PROS: It's two pens in one, so if you also need an everyday stylus you're only paying a small bit more to get a brush out of it.  Easy to hold, (I love the comfortable grip) and the length is wonderful, like a real brush)

CONS: Not so much a con in the actual product, but more of it's capabilities when used along with a drawing program.

The brush tip will make a wide stroke if you're programed your settings with a wide brush radius.  [see below]



It's not as super pressure-sensitive as regular Wacom tablet pen.  The regular stylus end is really a wonderful pen though, and you'll probably find yourself using it for drawing as well.

But it depends on the kind of control you want.  If you just want to set one brush size and go, you may find yourself annoyed you have to keep adjusting the brush settings.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . BOTTOM LINE . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Would I spend $40 on this?  Yes. 

Worst case scenario, you try it out, realize it's not for you and return it.  
But I think it's worth checking out!  I loved it!



2 comments:

  1. way cool, I just hope the brush doesn't fray :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah so far it feels pretty solid

      Delete