Wednesday, January 16

December + January memories





Some cell phone pics recording the holidays + New Year


Feeling amazing about 2013 - feel like personal demons have been epically slain and many wonderful things on the horizon!

I'll be going to Japan for a month this spring, to see family and do a bit of soul-searching in the company of my lovely (still new) in-laws and old (and also new) friends.

I'll leave you with something that struck me today:


There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man;

true nobility is being superior to your former self.

~ Ernest Hemingway

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 





Amaaaazing coffee cake + chai latte at Lala Java in Northboro, MA




Howe's Farm & Garden stand Paxton


remnants of 1963, Gilbertsville, MA


Came across this lovely little shack on the back roads


African peanut soup + humus pocket at Lucky's











7 comments:

  1. That Hemingway quote is awesome. I wonder how that peanut soup taste.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great! Spicy and fragrant and very satisfying on a cold day

      Delete
  2. Those are very very wise words! And it looks like you're having a great winter.

    Have fun in Japan! And feel free to post way too many pictures about your trip;)

    blueeyednightowl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Will do!

      I'm actually planning on blogging about it daily and keeping a sketch-a-day journal :)

      Delete
  3. I love that photo of Wilson's, and all your photos. You make Christmas look so magical!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lady! Haha Christmas is magical again now that family stress has been shot in the face, lol

      Delete
  4. Oh man, these photos put me back into the Christmas spirit, I didn't feel I had enough time to properly enjoy it. How exciting about your Japan trip!

    ReplyDelete