Sunday, February 17

Dora

a recent commission by a favorite patron

Andy and I were up way too late last night watching a marathon of the Planet of the Apes movies.  They are somewhat bleak, and if it wasn't for the pleasant lighting and colorful costumes, it would be like, Walking Dead-type bleakness.

I need to follow up movies like that with an episode of Ren + Stimpy or something.

Super busy around here lately, have so much I wanted to blog, it's getting pretty backed up.

I've been trying to study as much Japanese as possible in preparation for my trip in March, and I find the more I study, the slower my English becomes!  Whoa!

I don't know how bilingual people do it; being able to shut down one language and start thinking in another.  Amazing!!

Anyone have any tips on how to do that?  Thanks!

6 comments:

  1. Aw wow look at that sassy beautiful cat. Such a gorgeous painting of her!

    Haha I had one of my French Canadian friends visit recently and she was talking for her family for a little bit in French. When she was done she started babbling at me in French without even realizing it. I just didn't say anything to her until she realized what she did so we could laugh together.

    Best of wishes for your coming trip. Can't wait to see what fun and inspiring times you'll have. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I bet she is sassy

      Ah, very cool, I guess you just have to not think about it too much!

      Delete
  2. Cute painting!

    Unfortunately I have no tips to help you with--I would like to know a bit more Japanese myself, but I'm a terrible teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Veronica, I love your interpretation of Dora... she is a resolute character :)

    I've been trying to take a picture of the painting with the original nearby, but she hasn't been fully cooperative!

    Cheers.../julia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha that's great to hear! Send me a pic when she feels like posing!

      Delete