February 20, 2013

Things from Japan / Package Design

Sometimes you find a post under "Draft" that is more than a year old, 
and it reminds you of random, wonderful things!

So here is a year old post I found, I don't remember writing this, but here you go :)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Hit a personal goal this month, so got these - the packaging is fabulous 

lovely and generous Christmas gifts from Mayako 

Billee brought us white chocolate Kit Kats - Mos Burger edition!

Something that fascinates me about Japanese package design is just how easily removable the items are.  But that is also a comment on the culture of Japanese people themselves, the threat of theft seems to be much less.

I was amazed at how easily the bottoms of my ink refills could be easily opened and sealed shut again.  Any one could walk in a store, slip out the products and book it - but I don't think that is as much of a problem as it is here in the US.


5 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more. I love the way Japanese packaging looks and feels. Even with something as simple as some of the pens I bought from JetPens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Veronica,
    Thanks! I was glad to see your photos. How was "potapotayaki"? I hope you enjoyed it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, Japanese packaging is so damn cute!

    ReplyDelete