March 5, 2013

Friendly Neighborhood Comics


In a world, where comic book stores still carry the dank stigma of a dungeon-y, Cheeto-finger-y, boy's-club ... there is ... Friendly Neighborhood Comics

It's really the cleanest, friendliest, most well-maintained comic shop I've ever been in. If you are like me, and you love the super rare art books and the occasional cult DVD mixed in with the monthly issues, this is the place for you.

I'll be there on May 4th for Free Comic Day signing copies of Frankenstein 1921 issues 1+2 as well as poster prints and doing some sketches.

It'll be just a little bit after coming back from Asia, so if I babble nonsensically please blame the jet lag...



spotted first printing of our comic :)




















7 comments:

  1. This looks like a pretty big comic store!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's long and narrow but packed with lots of stuff :)

      Delete
  2. Just visited FNC for the first time last month. Definitely plan to return, great place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! He has lots of great ideas for future events and projects, can't wait to see how they pan out

      Delete
  3. How nice! There's a comic book store down the street from where I grew up. I remember walking into the store with my female friends in middle school and it was super awkward because all of the boys in the store would stop to look over at us. They didn't even continue with their card game. We walked out of there really quickly since it got to be too quiet and weird. x__X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha oh my goodness, that is awkward >.<

      Delete
  4. wish I could go, I love a good comic book store! why are you never in chicago! the ones out here are pretty bad ass!

    ReplyDelete