April 26, 2013

Dispatches from Japan 第16回 - 立ち飲み

Back in MA now, can't even express how much I despised our flights (simply the worst travel experiences of my entire life)

Except our domestic Japan Airlines flights (which actually were the most superb flying experiences of my life.) So 2 out of 7 were perfect, 5 were utter Hell.

So happy to be reunited with my husband, I cried when I saw him!

.......................................

Aaanyway... More pictures from Japan!

At my brother's local joint, きくや the "Cheers" of Hirabari

It was an amazing experience, and priceless family bonding time.

.......................................

I've never spoken so much Japanese before, it was pretty nerve wracking at first, but after an Asahi I was good to go, choppy mistakes and all.

Ended up meeting a made-for-TV film director, an architectural draughtsman, an office lady the same age as me, and lots of other cool people.

The key to getting better at anything
is to not be afraid of making mistakes!

Try to have NO ego!

No one cares as much as you think they do - just go for it!




shelves and shelves full of manga to read


Can you tell how much I love Kumamon?


The architect's customer special - grilled ham slices with macaroni salad + eggs

(it was amazing! ごちそうさまでした!)



Al's special - Thai-Style cheese fries with sweet chili sauce


They close at midnight but we ended up staying until 1:20am!  

But the guy was super nice about it

すみません! お疲れさまでしたね!

2 comments:

  1. What airline did you use, if you don't mind my asking?

    Other than the flights, it looks like you had a good time.

    I see what you mean about being bold in speaking a foreign language! I want to go back to Japan, but not before I know more Japanese. I want to be more brave as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We went with American Airlines, and wow, I have never seen such rude stewards/customer service! Just awful >.< We flew Continental 2 years ago, I can't remember the flight but I knew the service wasn't this bad!

      Don't be afraid! You can do it!

      Delete