June 11, 2013

Road to Nowhere


Talking Heads "Road to Nowhere"

As my birthday approaches (wow, tomorrow already...) I can't help but reflect on my life, my choices, and the wonderful people that are responsible for so much happiness in my life.

The Talking Heads (one of my all-time favorite bands e.v.e.r) have lots of songs about life, but this is my favorite right now, and what I've been listening to quite a bit.

Life is a road to nowhere, isn't it?

But that's perfectly fine.   

At the end of your life, what do you have to show for it?  

It's the things you didn't realize you'd be collecting on your way through it; the struggles that define you, the connections you make with people living and dead, the love that you find.

7 comments:

  1. I love the Talking Heads!

    And that's all I have to say. Nothing witty to contribute. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha this is what I'd like to comment for every blog I read ;)

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday Veronica!! We gotta celebrate! xxoo ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! MAY YOUR YEAR BE FILLED WITH JOY AND SUCCESS! (It's the 12th here :P)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY BIRTHDAY !! <3

    ReplyDelete