October 3, 2013

Suzy on New Penzance


gouache + pencil on Reeves BFK paper  |  11x17


Hi everybody,

Here's a look at a new painting I just finished up for Spoke Art in California.

They have a really cool annual show dedicated to the films of Wes Anderson called, aptly enough "BAD DADS"

It was hard to choose, since Rushmore has a special place in my heart, but ultimately went with a kind of Japanese ukiyo-e take on Suzy from Moonrise Kingdom.



details


it looks so nice in the frame!

(apologies for the checked shirt reflection)



4 comments:

  1. I love the cat curled up against her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking the same thing the cat is so cute, but then the blue eye shadow definitely brings it to THE NEXT LEVALLLLL!!! draw me things veronica...draw me things

    ReplyDelete