December 3, 2013

Simple Pleasures


It's been a tough month, can't lie.

Between Andy getting surgery, being on the brink of death during the procedure, having to give the dog away because we can't give her the attention she needs… it's just a lot.  This will also be a Christmas + New Years where I'll be about 6,000 miles away from my family (which if you asked me any other year would've been a good thing, but life is sweet now.)  

But the more I think about it the more these things as superbly positive.

In fact, I'm incredibly lucky.

I'll be counting my blessing this year, that's for sure.

  • Would've lost my husband if it we didn't live so close to excellent medical care
  • Allie Oop is much happier with a family with another dog and a sweet little girl
  • Our family will Skype during the holidays and have Fake Christmas in January
So as much effort as it takes, I have to see all the negative things as plusses.



Some low-grade cell phone images of simple pleasures I take for granted every day:






Sunday breakfast at Lucky's with my dad




My favorite winter scarves


teaching comic art workshops with Andy at different libraries


No comments:

Post a Comment