March 16, 2014

Frogs at Gero Onsen 下呂温泉のカエル


As New England winter drags on, my senses are being painfully and slowly dulled by this brutal season… I have to turn to iPhoto and sift through pictures of my trip to Japan last spring

from April 5th, 2013:

My in-laws and I went to probably the loveliest place I've ever been to, Gero Onsen, in Hida Prefecture.  It's about an hour N x NW of Nagoya by train. 

"gero gero" also happens to be the mimetic for a frog's call, so of course there are lots and lots of frog-themed stuff.

Above & below are pictures of the Frog Shrine

I tossed in my change, rang the bell and clapped twice.






see the frog topiary on the left by the door?


matcha … not frog flavored


Had to take a snap of this cute baby butt











Nobody told this cat it's all about frogs here



1 comment:

  1. I never really thought frogs were cute until seeing all the cute illustrations ha!

    ReplyDelete