April 30, 2014

Poison Ivy, Mr. Freeze + neon gouache




I completed a series of small paintings a little while back for a gallery in New York, (just one originally and then had lots of fun and ran away with it into a series)

And I'll be making prints of the run for Free Comic Book Day (May 3rd at Friendly Neighborhood Comics in Bellingham) and beyond

Look at how awful my old scanner is:

… it takes so long to photo retouch everything I scan on this thing.

I need to set up my camera on a tripod like a normal artist and photograph stuff correctly.  It's just so easy to scan when my works on paper are small … oh well

I also want to take this opportunity to talk about my art obsession…

゚.*・。゚゚.*・。゚Holbein Acryla Gouache゚.*・。゚゚.*・。゚

ホルベインアクリラ
カラーチャート

Can't get enough of these paints, I even tossed a sweater and a pair of jeans so I could fit more sets in my suit case!!  I regret not getting every single color and just mailing it home!!  Whyyyyy







These pieces have already sold, but prints will be available this weekend!

I'll also be going in with some colors to bring out the neons again



Here I've taken a photo with the white balance low, so you can see just how the paint really glows!  It's amazing! ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

3 comments:

  1. Heya - just stumbled upon your work, it's so beautiful :) And a fellow MassArt grad at that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look amazing! Great job, and yes, those paints glow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, the colors on these are fantastic! Gouache has been piquing my interest lately; I love that it has similar properties of watercolor, except for it being opaque. I've been using watercolors lately, but I find it difficult to make the colors "pop", so I usually end up going over it with color pencil (even gel pen!) in some areas. Anyway, I really admire how you handle color in your work and may just have to give this brand a try!

    -Sasha B. (post-hummus.net)

    ReplyDelete