April 2, 2014

Renaissance Princess Bubblegum for Gallery 1988 x Adventure Time!




Princess Bonnibel Bubblegum   |    9"x12"   |   gouache + pen on cold press paper


Despite having a few acquaintances from art school who worked on the show, AND despite the fact that it's a world-wide animation phenomenon, I still haven't seen more than 2 full episodes of Adventure Time! (Which I'm told is a crime)

I'm sure I'll end up streaming the entire run pretty soon, I liked what I saw of the show even if some of the humor made me scratch my head, I think it's earned it's acclaim.

I've been on a Pre-Ren/Renaissance kick lately, trying to have fun adapting cartoon characters to the human world.  I'm sure this has been done before, but it's new for me and a nice change from the usual.

           


some reference


Princess Bubblegum in her Royal Tart Dress model sheet for Cartoon Network



Young Saxon Princess 16th century



Princess Louise Marie of France


The show runs relatively short - just a weekend!  Hope you can make it!


Thurs April 3rd - April 6th

Gallery 1988 West
7308 Melrose Ave LA, CA

No comments:

Post a Comment