On June 12 I turned 29 - Wow! One more year in my 20s and then done with that decade forever.
Doesn't bother me much, I vow to never be one of those women that puts other women down for simply being younger. Just going to enjoy my life as long as it lasts and keep working.
The average world age for females is 29. Isn't that amazing? There are millions of us out there. Hi guys, what did you get this year?
Andy made me an amazing cut paper portrait of the two of us standing on the beach where we were married, a little succulent plant, Masters of the Universe on DVD and two Nancy Drew games!! Whoa-hoho! a boon indeed
In the meanwhile… I've been making prints, new paintings, working on client projects and trying to keep up with my comic pages. I worked 12 hours straight Monday - Thurs. which felt great at the end but man, it only made a dent in the work load.
Oh well, at least I love what I do, so the tiredness is satisfying.
The build of of projects for me lately has caused a significant drop off in blog posts - but that can be expected, right? Always surprised how long it takes me to compose a post.
Here's a list of what I'm working on at the moment:
- 4 comic books:
- Character designs and layouts for Pirates of Mars. vol. 2 issue 1
- Challenger 3 issue mini (finished issue 1, will do issues 2 + 3)
- Preliminary work for a new graphic novel in '15 with Chip Zdarsky
- coloring an issue of Freekish Blues
- 4 paintings:
- "Falkor and Atreyu" for the People's Print Shop
- a movie poster illustration
- "Legend" for Gallery 1988's Crazy 4 Cult
- commissioned piece
- 19 summer classes:
- Teaching a portfolio building class at the Worcester Art Museum for 2 weeks
- Leading a bunch of sequential art workshops with Andy around the state
Well, this is why they make iced coffee. So it's all good.
I love being busy, I thrive when there is no time to over-think stuff.
Did you watch the new Sailor Moon reboot? It premiered this morning at 6am EST, live 7pm Japan time - and I have to say I kind of hate it. *sigh* Just too weird for me, but oh well, 200 episodes of the old show to keep me happy living in the '90s.
Can't wait to use this great Deleter screen Andy bought us! Wish I had gotten them in Japan, so cheap there.
Bought these little guys from Plainview Alpaca Farm. Pedro + Inez.
Doodling on my iPad mini.
Allie Oop never stays still for a picture.
There - finally got one.
Working on two paintings at once to meet my deadlines.