August 13, 2014

Memories of Japan: the walk to Taiko




The taiko class I took last year.

They even gave me signed bachi sticks!!

I walked 2 miles to get to this class, my feet bloodied from wearing the wrong shoes, the instruction only given in Japanese, trying to keep up with 8 year olds -

but man, this experience changed my life.

I mean really, playing Kagura Wadaiko is a passion now.

The teacher was kind enough to even give me a shakuhachi flute and an instructional DVD!  So I can practice at home!!

Here are some low-quality shots from the long walk to the night class.

去年お太鼓従業を試して、すごく感度してしまったよ。

そのクラスは私にとって大切な事になった。ご家族に丁寧な教えてくれて、サインした撥ももらった!

一方2マイルを歩いてかかれたし、足が血塗れたし(ブーツのせいで)日本語しか受け取れなかったし、他の生徒はとても上手な8歳子供いたし、。。。 最高経験!! 

星座風太鼓DVDと尺八をくれた。本当に感動したよ! いい機会だった

歩きながら写真を撮った (ちょっとNG)






4 comments:

  1. That's just too cool that you got to take a taiko class in Japan. How fluent are you in Japanese btw? That' so impressive. And that's awesome a pretty cool travel idea - taking a class and immersing yourself into the local culture that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm not fluent, my brother in law definitely is and his Japanese wife is fluent in English, so I am pretty slow behind their level, but it's progressing :) I can read basic books and have conversations but often stutter and lag a bit :)

      Delete
  2. That is so awesome. You must be really good in Japanese if you managed to keep up with everything. I hope your feet were ok in the long run!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - it's not bad but my ability isn't great either, haha, I can't understand regional dialects or thick accents or sarcasm but that's how it goes :)

      Delete