November 23, 2014

Twin Peaks

A recently completed painting…


This is the first time in a while that I was able to fit in a painting completely for myself, just for fun, between my gallery schedule and making comics.

I had finally taken the time to sit down and watch all of the Twin Peaks 90s TV show.  SO HOOKED.  (I maintain that episodes 23-29 never happened and Audrey and Dale are in love forever)

I've done a bunch of David Lynch inspired paintings in the past, and his work tends to stay with me for a long time (whether the aftershock is good or bad).

Sometimes I'm worried about repeating myself but really, who cares, right - you just make the work.

This painting looks a bit different in person. You can see how the Acryla gouache glows so well!

Check out how Holbein Acryla Opera Pink gouache glows in this undoctored photo! >>





undoctored photo of the painting - check out that Black Lodge neon :)

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Twin Peaks opening


Dale Cooper, cherry pie, and the Log Lady

4 comments:

  1. So gorgeous. Lovely work as usual, Veronica.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I didn't really like the second season much, but the finale made up for it.

    By the way, my boyfriend bought me a canvas of your "After Party" illustration for my birthday. It's so cool! The quality of the canvas and printing is good too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so nice!! I'm glad you like the quality! They are better than I can make myself. :)

      Delete