January 9, 2015

Challenger issue #3 comic pages

 Above is page 59,
Below is page 62

I'm happy to say that the Challenger graphic novel for Mirror Comics is finished (for my part, pencils, inks + a bit of tone) now it's off to Gabby for coloring and Dominic for lettering and then it'll be released!

Thanks to the wonderful Kickstarter backers who made it possible, I can't wait to start fulfilling those commission requests and even a few paintings.

This project has made me a faster sequential artist as well as helping to refine my process.

Sometimes my brain hiccups when switching from painting to sequential art, and sometimes I think it looks like a bunch of different artists are making these pages.

But I'm sure other people have gone through that speed bump, too - it's all about putting new influences and materials in to practice and that definitely affects how the work comes out.

2 comments:

  1. Looking good! Can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Can't wait to start working on your painting! Email me any pictures you think would be helpful :)

      Delete